Ever since I got back from Sorrento (nearly a whole month ago!), the urge to go and explore new places has been bigger than ever. Last night, me and Gareth sat down and made a list of all the places we went to go to and see, and it was really bloody long! So for you guys, I’ve condensed the list to the top ten places I want to go to, and why!
- Paris: this feels like bit of strange one to have on the list, since in less than 3 weeks I’ll be flying off to Paris for another adventure! But it has always been a place I’ve wanted to visit, and after hearing other people talk about it and constantly seeing travel photos on Instagram from Paris, I decided I had to go as soon as possible. Plus, not being too far away, it’s not costing us too much to go for two nights!
- Prague: I nearly visited Prague a few years ago on a tour with Milton Keynes Music Service, but sadly missed out on the opportunity, and since then Prague has always been high on my list! It looks so beautiful, and I can’t wait to explore it someday.
- Budapest: now this one is only slightly inspired by George Ezra (who I absolutely love by the way). This one was also high on the list for Gareth – it just feels like one of those places you need to visit.
- Venice: after visiting Sorrento, I’ve just been filled with a love for Italy, and I already want to go back (there’s a LOT of places in Italy on our list, but Venice is the only one to appear in the top ten for now). Venice also just seems like such a unique and beautiful place.
- Salzburg: Salzburg isn’t just on my list for being a beautiful place – it’s also known for being the birthplace of Mozart, and I feel like it would just be a hugely interesting place to go to find out more about his life. As well as that, the music culture is just so rich and after hearing my brother talk about it after going years ago, Salzburg is a definite must!
- Istanbul: Istanbul is another one that was high on the list for Gareth, as well as me, for just looking like a really cool place to go. As well as that, it’s featured in Inferno by Dan Brown, which just reminded me how much I want to go there.
- Germany (Christmas Markets): now I have been to Germany before, a couple of times, but I’ve never been to the Christmas markets before, which is something I’ve always reeeeally wanted to do. I almost went with my school a couple of years back, but the trip never got properly organised, which was really disappointing. Christmas Markets was also the topic of my Year 13 German Speaking Exam, and since I managed to somehow pass it, I feel like I owe it to the Christmas Markets to go.
- Northern Lights: ever since I was little and read Philip Pullman’s Northern Lights, they’ve held a massive fascination with me, and have been on my bucket list ever since I can remember. I don’t think I really need to explain why I want to see them, they must be something pretty much everyone wants to see at some point in their lives!
- Niagara Falls: other than the fact that it must be a breath-taking sight, I can’t explain why this is one my top ten places to visit, but like the Northern Lights, Niagara Falls has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember!
- Vietnam: I’ve always wanted to explore Asia, and Vietnam has always been top of the list. I studied the Vietnamese War back when I was doing GCSE History and found it fascinating, and after seeing my friend Liora’s pictures from Vietnam after she went there, it’s been a place I’ve been desperate to explore!
Now while I’ve narrowed this down to my top ten, there’s so many places I want to go – and it feels like the more I explore, the more I want to! I’m sure loads of you can relate to this, so comment below where your top travel destinations are!